Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Food Review: Soup Spoon @ I12 Katong

I tried Soup Spoon's Clam Chowder 2 years ago. It was the best I ever had. I had their Clam Chowder again less than 2 weeks ago; the same awesome taste and flavor. I love their Clam Chowder so much. My girlfriend and I have never tried any other soups from Soup Spoon because we just love the Clam Chowder.

The large bowl of clam chowder, with a drink, bread, and a half sandwich is about $15. But we can share this and feel extremely full after the meal. The soup itself is super thick and creamy. It is filled with ingredients like clam, celery, potato and may more stuff. The soup is always fresh and hot. The bread served with it is also fresh and warm. One thing I do not like about soups is when they use corn starch to thicken the soup. When corn starch is used, after some time of stirring, you will realize the soup becomes very watery. But Soup Spoon's Clam Chowder does not become watery after constant stirring; which goes to show it was naturally thickened through slow cooking and of course from the starch of the potatoes. The lemon tea they serve I think is made by them and it is really light and refreshing. Lastly, the sandwich is served with a small side of coleslaw and it is quite good as well. The bread is usually toasted till it is crispy and a little hard. I prefer my bread to be soft but I won't complain because the smoked salmon in it does not stink and tastes very good.

So go ahead, try the soups at Soup Spoon but just take note that the price is not cheap. Try to get a large meal and share with someone, I find it perfect this way.





SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment