Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Food Review: Beancurd City @ Jalan Lengkok Sembawang (Yishun)

I love cold beancurd. One of my favorite supper because it is cooling, light and satisfying and also because they are usually open till late. I have actually tried a lot of beancurds at various locations. For example, Rochor Beancurd at Rochor, Rochor Beancurd at  Thomson, Selegie Beancurd at Kovan, Selegie Beancurd at Jln Kayu and Selegie Beancurd at Sembawang. I used to love the Selegie Beancurd at Sembawang. But they closed down due to renovations in the area. I tried all the others that I mentioned here but none of them taste the same! Even though some are franchises of each other, the quality and taste and types of beancurds served vary from each other.


This shop, Beancurd City is located very near to Chong Pang in Yishun. Their beancurd is always fresh and tasty. I have never had beancurd here which I felt did not taste fresh. And the sweetness is just nice as well. My favorite type of beancurd is cold with pearls. I really love it when the pearls are chewy to the right extend and have that slight tinge of sweetness. The pearls cannot be too hard or too soft. And the pearls here are always perfect, always.






SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment