Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Recipe: Cooking your own pearls! (for milk tea or any drinks!)

As you might know, I love milk tea. And at times, I love the pearls that come with the milk tea more than the tea itself. Pearls have to be done perfect, if not they really taste horrible. The sweetness and consistency of the pearl is really very important. It has to be chewy without a hard centre and is has to have a slight tinge of sweetness when we chew it.

My girlfriend came across this recipe from the Newpaper and so I tried it out. I loved it! The pearls came out perfect and I totally totally loved it! It was very nice but the very sad thing is that cooked pearls cannot be stored in the fridge. They will slowly become hard from the centre outwards. I'm not too sure if there is any way to prevent this but I guess freshly cooked pearls are the best.

Ingredients
200g uncooked black pearls
1 litre of water (more is fine, make sure its not less than 1 litre)
2 tbsp sugar

Instructions

1. Bring the water to a boil.

2. Add in the pearls and boil for 30 minutes with the lid open and constantly stir whenever possible.

3. Switch of the fire and leave the pot covered for half an hour until the pearls are translucent.

4. Discard the water and rinse the pearls.

5. Add in just enough water to cover the cooked pearls and add in the sugar.

6. Mix and if you want, you can refrigerate for a while before adding to your drinks.


SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment