Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Food Review: Mad Jack @ NEX Serangoon

Recently, I was with my girlfriend at NEX to collect a riding jacket she won in a competition. She was actually reading the Newpaper with me and saw this advertisement about a bike design competition. She was super excited and wanted to take part in it for fun. So she went to the contest website, downloaded the bike template and drew out a design ad passed it to me to make any modifications. I did not make any changes at all because I felt it was already very beautiful and I totally did not want to change her design at all. So I simply outlined the design with a black marker to make the lines more distinct and eye-catching. Guess what, she won 2nd prize! And she won a Berik riding jacket. And yes, this whole story was to explain why I was at Mad Jack @ NEX and also to show you how sweet my girlfriend is. Haha! She's super sweet because she wanted to win the jacket for me and not for herself. :-P  (I'll post a photo of her design later)

Anyway, while waiting, we were hungry and felt like having lunch. We walked around and she wanted to have pasta. At first, we were about to go to Cafe Cartel, but on the way, we saw Mad Jack and they served pasta as well so I told her why not we try it.

The restaurant was clean, the menu was very beautiful with gigantic photos of the food and price stated very clearly. The staff were just fine, no problems with them. I ordered the Grilled Chicken Cutlet in Cream Sauce while she ordered the Soft Shell Crab Pasta in Cream Sauce. One thing I did not like about the place was that they did not serve plain water. I mean seriously, a basic essential. I really hate restaurants who do not serve plain water because I feel it is something so simple yet important for people and I really do not think there will be much loss in profits just by serving water. Anyway, back to the food. It was served in maybe 10 minutes. The pasta was cooked well, the crab serving was a bit too little for the price and the pasta cream sauce was a bit too bland. My girlfriend can usually eat like at least three plates of cream sauce pasta at one go when I cook at home but over here, she only ate half because she got very sick of the sauce. It was missing something, and I really do not know what was missing from the sauce. As for my Grilled Chicken, I would say it was fine. I mean how can you go wrong with Grilled Chicken. If you do serve horrible Grilled Chicken, it is time you wrapped up your business. The chicken was freshly cooked and the fries was not cold as well (I HATE COLD FRIES). The salad was quite bland and boring though. They could maybe change it to coleslaw or at least serve it with a better vinaigrette. I felt the peach in the salad was a spoiler though, just a personal opinion.

All in all, I felt the food at Mad Jack was just fine. Price was a little on the high side for such a restaurant. I hate that they do not serve PLAIN WATER. Personal opinion: only eat here if you have really tried everything else around the same location.

Here are some photos. First is the bike design my girlfriend drew which won her 2nd prize. Second photo is the Grilled Chicken. Third is the Soft Shell Crab Pasta.




SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment