Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Golden Village Gold Class Experience

I have never been to a Gold Class Movie screening before. To me, I felt it was an utter waste of money to spend $38 on a single seat for a movie, when I can simply pay $8. But my girlfriend went for a Gold Class screening before and she insisted on bringing me to watch Sherlock Holmes 2 in a Gold Class GV theater. She insisted and simply went online to book and pay without me saying anything. Very sweet of her, but at that moment, I still felt it was kind of a waste of money.

Everything changed when I stepped through the doors of the Gold Class entrance at I12 Katong shopping centre. We were running late and there was a person right there who attended to us. Immediately printing our tickets, letting us know the movie was just beginning and then walking us to our seats. OH MY GOD, THE SEATS!!!!!! WHAT THE!!!!!! I NEED THAT SEAT IN MY ROOM. Ok, sorry for digressing, back to my story. She walked us to our seat, gave us each a menu, told us where the "call button" was, showed us the button to control our seats and told us to use the discrete lighting on the centre table to read the menu. There were basically 2 gigantic ELECTRONIC reclining chairs and an oval table in the middle. We each chose a drink and some finger food while watching the movie and ordered it from the waiter. We were really treated like king and queen. No kidding. It really felt like an indulgence worth the money. The seat was super duper comfy and gigantic. They provided clean blankets to keep us warm as well. The toilets were very close by as well.

Overall, it was an exquisite experience, thanks to my girlfriend. By the end of the movie, I even told her I kind of do not have the mood to watch movies at the normal theaters anymore. :-X

This is the only photo I took in the dark. Very sorry! This post is just to tell you people to go experience Gold Class at least once because it is that awesome.

 SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment