Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Food Review: Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe

Ok, I'm pretty sure you might be wondering why??? Xin Wang?!?! Some people love this place. Some hate this place. Personally, this is a perfect chillout and hangout place. They are clean, good environment, close late and serve good food.


I'm not sure if you guys know, I'm a crazy kaya/butter toast fanatic! I just LOVEEEEEE kaya and butter toast. It is something so easy to do but you have to do it perfectly to enjoy it. I used to drink coffee at the usual coffee shops and paid like $0.80 for 2 slices of bread with pathetic amount kaya and butter in it. I know, you guys might be thinking, why? "Just buy the bread and butter and kaya and have it at home la." But I guess it is the company and just the need to chill outside and relax.


Usually, when I'm at Xin Wang to chillout, it is just an Iced HK Milk Tea and sometimes with their French Toast. But after so many years, I just realised they have kaya/butter toast! OMG! I really did not know they sold kaya toast at all! I was just oblivious to it being in the menu because I think at the back of my mind, I assumed the price would be ridiculous and I was better off eating that at a coffee shop. I was so wrong! 4 slices of bread, smeared with fresh thick brown kaya and a few gigantic slabs of creamy butter thrown over the smeared kaya: all this for $2. I mean, WHAT?! Why did I not see this earlier?!


On a softer note, I've tried quite a few of their other dishes as well. The Pork Chop Papaya Soup Noodles, Dry Noodles with Pork Belly, Siew Mai, Mango Pomelo dessert, Pork Burger, and actually much more. I really cannot remember right now. The thing is, they have so many outlets and the quality is quite inconsistent. At some places it is good, at some, not so good. What I suggest is, if at any time, if you are not satisfied, just get the waiter to change it for you. If the waiter seems incompetent, just ask for the manager who usually wears a white shirt. Their service standard so far has been very good, at least for me. My friend ordered 4 half-boiled eggs at one time and it was over cooked to his liking. He wanted it to be more runny. So I told him to get the manager to change it. The manager came, apologised profusely and immediately got a new set prepared and served and stood by to make sure my friend was satisfied before he apologised again and went on to do other things. I think this was really nice and I appreciate such good service.


So those of you who hate Xin Wang or have had bad experiences or have never been there, go ahead and try again or try for the first time. I'm usually at the Yishun outlet or Kovan outlet. Enjoy!


A simple picture of my slice of heaven.



(P.S.: Why are you diet fanatics hatin'? Haha! I diet too, but I diet for times like this!)

SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment