Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Food Review: Timbre @ Substation

Feeling kinda sick today. Went to the doctor. So everything could be, should be and would be fine tomorrow. Haha!


Anyway, just wanted to put up a post about this place called Timbre. I am pretty sure MANY of you might have been to this place before. It might not be anything new to you guys but I'm guessing there might be a handful of people who have not been to this place, so thats the reason for this post.


Timbre is like a Bar/Restaurant kind of a place. They usually have a live band playing on stage and it usually starts at about 10.30pm till about 12.30am.


The food there is decent. Price wise, I would say reasonable for such a location and ambience. Main courses are roughly $17 and above. They have various types of finger food which are good. I tried the wedges, fries, chicken wings, calamri and so on. Quite alot of choices.


What they are really famous for is their thin crust pizza! As you know, I LOVE PIZZA! But!!! I HATE thin crust pizza. I mean, what is that crap?!?! You might as well just stir fry the ingredients, pour tomato puree over it and top it of with good quality cheese. I would really enjoy that more. So at Timbre, I went against myself and decided to try their Roasted duck pizza and Smoked salmon pizza to see what the hype is all about. Guess what? IT IS REALLY GOOD! I enjoyed both these pizzas! The Roasted duck pizza had this sweet sauce and crispy stuff on it; did not really like it at first but I grew to like it after a few pieces. As for the Smoked salmon pizza, I loved it from the very first bite!The pizza is cut into squares and usually, each square has one piece of smoked salmon and a piece of fresh basil (I think :-X). This combination is simply heavenly. The saltiness of the smoked salmon, combined with the soft crust, melted cheese and the crunch of the fresh basil. Simply out of this world.


So all I can say again is, go ahead and try. Service wise, they can be pretty slow at times. They usually try to clear your drinks quickly so that you will buy more. And do check your bill properly because sometimes, drinks and food might be on offer but they will charge the usual price. Go ahead and speak to the manager nicely to get your discount.


I got one lousy picture of my favourite smoked salmon pizza and also my favourite band there, Goodfellas.










SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment