Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Food Review: RK House @ Serangoon Gardens

Roti prata, one of many true blue Singaporeans' most extremely loved food. I love it too. I used to have my own favourite stalls which I thought served the best roti pratas. I never really liked Jalan Kayu prata. They are over-priced and sometimes, the taste really bad. Thasevi, which is located at Jalan Kayu was quite good, but the standard was never ever consistent.


And then there was RK House. This place actually became famous from the sound clip; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBDA_4DKrbM. It is about a guy ordering pork from RK house. The entire sound clip is actually quite funny, but you need to have a good sense of humour and open mind to laugh it off. And if I'm not wrong, this sound clip was actually recorded in a studio, that is why there is not much background noise and it is quite a clear sound clip. I might be wrong though.


Alright, now back to serious business; I LOVE THE FOOD AT RK HOUSE. The service there is slow! The workers have bad attitude! They sometimes just could not care less about you! BUT THE FOOD IS DAMN GOOD! I figured, for this food, I'm willing to be patient and just wait for them to attend to me. I've tried quite a few stuff here. Mee goreng, Nasi goreng, Prata, Murtabak, Mutton Soup, Roti John, Indian Rojak, Naan and I'm sure there is more. Usually, I'm not disappointed at all. I always truly enjoy the food, knowing very well that I'm going to put on 3kg just by eating 1kg of food. Haha! Well, I always tell my friends, I basically diet for indulgences like these.


Price wise, it is not bad. Affordable and good. Location is practically the heart of Serangoon Gardens. I HATE Chomp Chomp. Over-rated , greasy, stuffy place. I will eat at RK House anytime and not at Chomp Chomp. RK House is 24 hours by the way; another reason why I used to be really fat. :)


P.S: If you love iced milo, RK House has the best! Please do not think that it is "just iced milo", why so fussy?! To me, when you make a perfect cup of iced milo, it brings a smile to your face. And RK House's iced milo always bring a smile. :)


Here are some low quality photos.








SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment