Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Food Review: Swee Choon Tim Sum @ Jalan Besar

I have visited this tim sum place numerous times! But I have never taken pictures and posted due to one reason; when the food arrives, the only thing on my mind is to eat it there and then while it is super hot. This place was recommended by my friend in NIE. Finally, I was reminded to take photos and here I am posting this.


Alright, the food here is relatively good. Service is good as well. Sometimes they are slow to respond and might forget but overall, it is still ok for me. I'm a lover of Xiao Long Bao. I just love it when it is done well and I can honestly tell you, this Xiao Long Bao is one of the better ones I have tried. I have not tried many though; tried Crystal Jade, Din Tai Fung, Mayim and maybe some others but I still love Swee Choon's Xiao Long Bao the most.


The servings here are quite small. Price is abit on the high side considering the layout of the place. They only open from 6pm to 10am daily and are closed on Tuesdays. Even though the price is a little high, I am fine with it because I'm kind of a night owl and this place is perfect for a night snack if I skipped dinner.


I have tried quite a few of their dishes and actually like almost all of it. Just a word of caution; do not order too much. I know it is tim sum and it seems like just small bites but really, it can be quite filling. If unsure, just buy a few and re-order if you still want more.


Ok ok, enough of my crap, pictures alright. Picture quality not so good, sorry about it. Here they are.



























Looks good right? I love Xiao Long Bao! :)

SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment