Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Food review: Sushi Tei @ I12 Katong

Brought my girlfriend to Sushi Tei on her birthday. Was nothing special. Just wanted to have a nice quiet meal with her. It had been quite some time since I had Sushi Tei and I realized I have not reviewed them, so here it is.

Sushi Tei was one of the first few Japanese restaurants I had known but never got a chance to try before. I know they are known for the good food and good service but nowadays, they is just so much competition.

So we ordered an Udon with Fried Chicken cutlet and sashimi. Needless to say, the sashimi was fresh and good, but somehow, it did not taste as good as the ones I have had at Shin Kushiya. The Udon was definitely good, but again, Shin Kushiya's is better. And lastly, the Fried Chicken Cutlet. To me, fried food is one of the food which can be destroyed in the kitchen within seconds. It is either the best or the worst and to me, this was bad. It was over-fried in my opinion. My mum likes it this way, but it was way too hard and crispy for me. The cutlet was dark brown instead of golden brown and the breading was really too thick for that thin piece of chicken. It was definitely not good in my standards but I do hope they realize that and make changes soon. The staff were very friendly and nice.

Overall, a very neat restaurant with good food and staff.




SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment