Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Food Review: Spices Cafe @ Concorde Hotel

Recently, I went to Spices Cafe for a dinner buffet with my family. It was for my birthday. I did not really want to have buffet but my dad insisted so I just went to spend quality time with my family. When you reach the hotel, you will feel it is kind of old and shabby. There are pubs outside, lots of shops and it really does not look clean or class at all. But once you enter the lift and arrive at the lobby level, you will feel as if you just travelled through time. The lobby area was totally different from the place you take the lift from. The place is really clean and classy.

So I looked around for Spices Cafe and searched for my family who were already there. Dad told me there was one serving of lobster and free-flow of crabs. I was shocked! I thought that was quite good but of course, if it wasn't fresh then it defeats the purpose because stale seafood is always horrible.

I was actually quite surprised that the one serving of lobster came in several different styles, like sambal, cheese, black pepper and so on. The free-flow crab was the same. They served it steamed, fried, black pepper, chilli and I think there is one more which I can't remember.

Let me recall some of the food they served. They had a salad station, pasta station where pasta was cooked on the spot, fondue station with fresh fruits, traditional "potong" ice cream in like 4 or 5 flavors, cold dishes, yam paste, sushi, local and international cooked food. I know this is not much of a help but I seriously can't remember. Very sorry about it. But the food was good.

Overall, the restaurant itself was clean and the ambience was good. It felt a little squeezy but still ok. The lighting was quite bad at my area and I think that could be improved. The food was good. Taste was very good. I only took a few photos, very sorry about it. The staff were friendly and nice. The manager was amazing, he was really a very serious and professional person. There was once we needed a spoon and milk for the coffee which was just served. It just happens that he was walking by so we asked him for it. He immediately requested to know who served us the coffee because he felt it was not acceptable to be served without the spoon and milk. I enjoyed my entire dinner even though I was totally not in the mood for buffet.

Here are the photos.






















SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment