Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Food review: Mee Pok from Meng Kitchen @ Thomson Road

It was my younger brother's birthday and we were supposed to have dinner as a family but sadly, my brother was still in camp and had to stay in, while the birthday boy had stuff in school and only returned home after 9.30pm. Mum and dad were waiting to have dinner with him and were hungry and quite disappointed but were fine with just having instant noodles. I was totally not in the mood for instant noodles at 10pm, so I rushed them to shower and get changed so that I can bring them to this Mee Pok stall located at Thomson Road area.

This place was first introduced to me by my army friends. We were having a gathering and came here for dinner. Them moment I tried the food, I knew this was the best. I loved it! And my mum is crazy for good Mee Pok. And I always wanted to bring my family here.

So yup, my brother's birthday dinner was here. My family seemed apprehensive. They did not think it would be that good. They ordered one bowl of met pok each. I ordered the pork ball soup. And again, I loved it. The thing about the pork balls here are that they are hand-made. Or at least I THINK they are hand-made. The pork balls are extremely soft and chewy and nice. Totally nothing like what you get from the packets in supermarkets or those that you buy from other mee pok stalls. These pork balls are totally different. And the soup is extremely awesome. One of the best! I have eaten here more than 4 times and the food has tasted the same all the time. Consistent and lovely.

The place is open 24 hours. It is quite cramp and usually crowded at night. But it is not difficult to get a seat because people eat and leave quite quickly due to the various ice cream parlors nearby. The workers are nice but there is this once guy who has no patience. He will come to you to take your order, the moment you keep quiet and do not know what you want to eat, he will walk away. It seems kind of rude to me but I got used to it. That is the way he works and this is not a 5 star restaurant. We come here for good, cheap and delicious mee pok and that is what we get.

So remember, the name is, MENG KITCHEN. They have one of the best Mee Pok ever.

And I only have one pathetic and ugly photo to show you. Sorry about it, will try to go again and get better photos. Thank you.


SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment