Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Food review: Chin Mee Chin Confectionery @ East Coast Road

My girlfriend obviously knows I am a kaya toast freak. She is not so much of a kaya fan but she knows for sure that I loveeeeeee kaya. So she made the effort to look for the best kaya toast that people claim to be the best. And she found out about this place at East Coast Road. Chin Mee Chin Confectionery.

We went there one morning during my holidays. It was quiet and peaceful and super retro. That place looked so old. The tables and chairs were wooden with marble tops. The ambience was really old-fashioned and you feel as if you travelled back in time. The person who took our order was an old lady who spoke good english. We ordered 2 drinks and the legendary kaya toast. It looked really good when it came. It was fresh and sweet smelling. The bun they used was very soft and fragrant. But, I totally felt that the kaya was super sweet. It did taste good. It had a nice aroma. It wasn't as smooth as I personally like, but still good. So go ahead and try it, but let me warn you again, it is really very sweet.







SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment