Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Food Review: Hot Tomato Cafe and Grill @ Causeway Point

Some time ago, went for dinner at this restaurant in Causeway Point with my mum and brother. I have eaten there once before with my family and I did like the food but I did not remember to take photos of the food. Anyway, this time, I did take some photos.

I had the lamb chop, my brother had baked rice and my mum had fish and chips. My lamb chop was really good in my opinion. I love lamb chop but it is really very difficult to find a decent lamb chop nowadays. It is always overcooked and totally not fresh at all; sometimes giving off a weird smell which I hate. Here, the meat was really tender and the pasta side was cooked to perfection. The simple greens by the side was drizzled with this awesome dressing which was slightly sour and salty at the same time. Totally enjoyed this simple dish.

My brother's baked rice was awesome too. The usual baked rice I have tried would have to be those sold in Swensens and from Pizza hut. Pizza hut's is total crap. Swensens used to serve good baked rice, but now, it sucks big time as well. The baked rice here was perfect. The cheese was fresh and good. The rice was hot and was obviously mixed with cheese as well. The amount of cheese and rice ratio was just perfect and I loved it.

My mum's fish and chips was fine. The fish was a little overcooked in my opinion; I think you will realize it from the photo as well. BUT, my mum loves it this way, super crispy yet soft in the middle. So there wasn't any problem in this case. If I was having the fish and chips, I think it might not be the way I like it.

Overall, it was good. Service was fine. Speed of serving the food was fast as well. Ambience was clean and pleasant. And the food was really tasty.

Here are some photos.




SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment