Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Food Review: MOF @ Ang Mo Kio Hub

I have always seen many MOF cafes around Singapore but I have not really thought of going in for a drink or food. I do not really know why but I really did not try their food until now. Girlfriend and I wanted to have a simple snack or dessert but went to the basement of Ang Mo Kio hub. We wanted to try the dessert stall just beside MOF but I remembered eating there with her a very long time ago and we didn't like it. So we took a look at the menu of MOF and decided to eat there since it was quite big and there were a lot of seats around.

The menu had a huge variety of food and desserts and we honestly did not know what to eat. We finally decided to have udon with grilled chicken and an iced cafe mocha. The cafe was not extremely crowded but I would say there was a decent crowd there. The coffee took about 10mins to arrive and the noodles about 20mins. To me, the waiting time was a little too long. I think they would need to improve on their service standards. The place was clean and simple. The coffee was good though.

What surprised me the most was the udon it self. I utterly love udon but it has to be perfect. The soup has to be extremely hot and the udon must be chewy and soft. I have tried udon dishes at some places and told myself I will never try udon in restaurants which do not specialize in Japanese cuisine. But here I am, taking a risk again to try udon. Verdict: it was really good! I liked it. The soup was flavorful. It was really hot. The noodles were chewy and almost perfect.

Overall, the food was good, drink was nice, but service was real slow.


SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment