Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Food Review: Seventh Heaven @ I12Katong

Remember my post about my girlfriend and I going to the Golden Village Gold Class Theatres at I12Katong? On that day itself, we actually walked past this beautiful dessert stall called Seventh Heaven. Just that short walk past it seemed as if they has a hundred different flavors! And like I said before, I love kaya and the first flavor which caught my eye was the kaya flavor ice cream! I had no choice but to try it! She tried to stop me, but I really needed to try it. Haha! So we walked back and to my astonishment, there were so many flavors! I really wanted to try every single flavor but I know I could not. So I just tried the kaya and honestly, it was super good! I loved the ice cream. The ice cream itself had this smooth texture which was awesome. It really creamy and real sweet. I usually hate super sweet ice cream but this was good. The taste was really awesome, better than a lot of kaya I have tasted.

So one of the days, My girlfriend and I decided to go to I12Katong to have lunch and also have dessert. We chose 3 flavors, a lemon orange sorbet, hazelnut and cookies and cream. I used to like sorbet, and I thought I still do, but apparently, I think I have lost my taste for sorbet. Sorbet in places like Swensens now are no longer sour. It is really sweet and horrible. But the sorbet at Seventh Heaven was sour and icy, just the way I used to love it. As a sorbet, I would say Seventh Heaven passed with flying colors. The hazelnut ice cream was superb. Creamy, not too sweet, full of hazelnut flavor. I loved it. Cookies and cream is always a must try for both of us because she utterly loves cookies and cream ice cream. It was good too, I would not say it was better than Ben and jerry's cookies and cream but it was still really good.

All in all, the ambience was perfect, staff were extremely friendly and price was affordable. Totally loved it and I cannot wait to try ALL THE OTHER FLAVORS!







SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment