Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Food Review: Villa Di Parma @ Serangoon Gardens

Girlfriend and I wanted to try something new. I personally have always wanted to try this Italian restaurant at Lichfield road which is near serangoon gardens. She has tried it before and said it was good but that was more than a year ago. So she went online to check out recent reviews and it seems standards have dropped, so she searched for some other restaurant for us to go to and she found Villa Di Parma.

Villa Di Parma is also an Italian restaurant and is situated at Kensington road, at serangoon gardens itself. Reviews seemed good but of course, you never know until you try it yourself. So we went ahead and walked in. We were greeted by two friendly staff. The ambience was really romantic and posh. Guys who would like to bring your girls to somewhere nice, simple and special; this is the place. The tables had candle lights and there was soft soothing music playing in the background.

We decided to order their smoked salmon pizza, carbonara pasta, tiramisu, calamari and we bought the free flow iced lemon tea. While ordering, it didn't seem a lot at all, but IT WAS REALLY TOO MUCH for both of us. First, we tried the iced lemon tea. It was fabulous! Super fresh brewed tea, with ice and lemon and they served the sugar syrup by the side to suit your taste. We loved it. I wouldn't mind paying $6 to sit there and drink like 54 cups of iced lemon tea to kill time. Next came the fried calamari. Once of the best I ever had. The cuttlefish was really fresh, and fried to perfection. Wonderful crispy layer on the outside, and the flesh of the cuttlefish was nice and not too chewy. The sauce they served with the calamari tastes abit like the tomato sauce for pastas but it complimented the calamari wonderfully. It was really good. Next up was THE BOMB. the smoked salmon pizza. This costs about $30 and it was quite big. The waiter did tell us this wasn't a hot pizza, he literally said it was I thought cold meaning fro the refrigerator, but I later realized he meant cold meaning room temperature. It was fabulousamazingwonderfulsuperboutofthisworld. I mean, you guys know I love pizza. And I love salmon. But I hate bad pizzas and bad salmon even more. This smoked salmon did not stink, it was NOT extremely salty like some other places I tried. It was just perfect. Both of us loved the pizza very very very much.

By now, we were really full but knew we had to try the carbonara pasta. It came like 5mins after we finished the pizza and we shared it. I started loving creamy pastas because of my girlfriend. But sometimes, you feel kind of sick if you eat too much of creamy pasta. This wasn't the case for the pasta served here. It was just nice and creamy to the right amount. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the bacon used wasn't very salty as well. It was really nice and I did not get sick of the pasta even though I was really really full. Next up, tiramisu. No matter how full you are, you know that you always have space for something sweet and wonderful. I loved the tiramisu so so so much! The cheesy cream and the coffee and the ladyfinger biscuits were in perfect proportions with the good quality cocoa powder dusted in top. It was heaven, at least to me. My girlfriend did not really like it because she was that the base of the tiramisu was too wet, which was not up to her liking. To me, I loved it to the core.

All in all, a wonderful experience at Villa Di Parma. The only problem I had, which was not really a problem, was that the staff did not really take the initiative to refill our drinks. But when we asked to have it refilled, they did so quickly. So if they do take the initiative to refill the empty glasses which has been sitting empty on the table for the past 5mins, it would be great. We spent about $95 for both of us. Seemed expensive, but now, while writing this post, I realized we ate SO MUCH!!! And to me, it is utterly worth it. Will definitely try it out again, and like I always say, I appreciate consistency and if they are not consistent, I will surely let you guys know.







SimpleMakan

3 comments:

Villa di Parma said...

Hi,
We are so happy to note that both your gf and yourself had a wonderful time with us.

We are glad that you've enjoyed and appreciate our simple good food ;)

Yes, do drop by again. Next round, do try our popular Smoked Duck Pizza and Chocolate Fondant.

See you soon!
Cheers1
Ping

SimpleMakan said...

I didn't realize there was a comment here. Yes yes, we had a wonderful time. We will be back very soon. Thank you so much. :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the review! i'll check it out with my friend soon! :D

Post a Comment