Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Food Review: Prive Cafe @ Keppel Bay

First of all, I am very sorry for not updating my posts for so long. Please accept my apologies. :)

My girlfriend heard about this place and wanted to head down just to chill. It is located right beside the water and there are many boats docked there. I guess this place is really where the rich stay at and where they dock their priced yachts and boats.



The cafe itself was quite spacious. Lots of seats and the staff were quite alright. We only ordered coffee, croissant and calamari. The coffee was good. Comparable to other places. The croissant was also good. Both of these were nice, nothing special, nothing you can't get elsewhere but still nice. The calamari was the problem for me. When it arrived, it was hot, I immediately took one and bit into it. It was crunchy and the squid itself was soft and perfectly chewy. I was really pleased. BUT when I took the second piece and bit into it, this was like less than 10 seconds after I ate the first piece, the calamari was room temperature! It was not hot anymore. And it was not crunchy. I used my fingers to feel every piece and now all was at room temperature and all were soft and no longer crunchy.



From my experience at home, I understand that this happens when you microwave something. Microwaving makes your food hot and sometimes crispy but this heat and crispiness can "disappear" in a very short time. So I am guessing, I am not sure, but I am just guess that these were pre made and they were put into the microwave to heat up. I was really disappointed but I did not bother to get it changed or to complain. I just finished up the soft and non-crunchy calamari and went off to walk beside the water with my girlfriend.

The prices there are very high but it is understandable because of the location and also the target crowd there. 

I would recommend this place to chill and relax. But I think I will have to try the main courses to give a more in-depth review of this place. But I say again, just for coffee and a chat session with your friends or lover, this place is perfect!



SimpleMakan

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful and independent food blog. Great photos too. Perhaps update more often?

Cheers! :)

Post a Comment