Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Food Review: Cafe 107 @ Serangoon North Ave 1

Ever since my army friend introduced this coffee shop to me, I totally fell in love with it. It was a very nice place. Friendly staff and GOOD FOOD. I might seem to be exaggerating here but seriously, everything in this coffee shop seems good to me. Except for their "zhe char". The "zhe char" is so so, not horrible but its fine.


The reason why I am writing about this coffee shop is because the food is really good. Do not be put off by the China guys preparing the food. I remembered the first time I ate there, I was pretty much wondering if these guys from China can actually really cook Singapore fare. Guess what, to me, they passed with flying colours!


At the coffee shop, they have the usual "zhe char" which starts at night. They have western food, which has a ton of variety. They have another store which serves dishes like char kway teow, minipot noodles, sambal stingray, sambal sotong, sambal prawns, mee pok, hokkien mee, and seriously many more!


When I say coffee shop, I am sure you are thinking that it is a coffee shop with stalls owned by individual hawkers cooking making their signature dish. This is not the case here. From my understanding, this entire coffee shop is owned by one boss, and all the stalls in it is his. And all the workers in the stalls are also his. So there are no differences between each stall.


There are many instances when people ask me out to Chomp Chomp to have hokkien mee and sting ray. All I can say is that place is utterly over-rated, messy, crowded, stuffy and horrible. For $5.50 at Cafe 107, you get a piece of sambal sting ray, rice, egg and abit of pickles. What more can I say?


Seriously, just go over and try the food there. It is really awesome.
Here are some pictures which I hope could make you hungry, sorry for the poor quality.













The address of this place is Blk 107 Serangoon North Ave 1.

SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment