Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Food Review: Pork Leg, Bak Kut Teh, Roasted Chicken and Roasted Pork @ Johor Bahru

Went in to pump petrol with my friend and wanted to have lunch as well. Wanted to bring my friend to the coffee shop which sold that simple noodle dish which I had with love on New Year's Day but while walking to the coffee shop, passed by this shop and the Pork leg one guy was eating looked too good to ignore. I immediately stopped and asked if he was alright with this but I actually already knew that it was definitely alright for me, because it was all meat! Awesome!

We ordered Pork Leg, Bak Kut Teh, Roasted Chicken and Roasted Pork. All meat! It was wonderful! The pork leg gravy was really good. The meat was tender with just the right amount of fat. The Bak Kut Teh was even better. The soup was really tasty, with a good balance of the herbal and salty taste. The meat was tender as well. The Roasted chicken and pork was awesome! Somehow, meat in JB seems to be better than Singapore. I think the reason might be due to the freshness level. Over here, there are too many regularities and the meat takes a long time to reach the consumer, causing it to always be in a freezer. I guess that already causes the meat to be less fresh.

Anyway, this makan place is at Jalan Harimau, pass the Esso and just before the Caltex.




SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment