Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Food Review: Mayim @ Northpoint

The first time I tried the food at Mayim was during my army days. A couple of my buddies loved this place and brought me to try as well. This time round, I brought my girlfriend here to try the food. They have a very similar concept to restaurants like Crystal Jade and Din Tai Fung. All these restaurants are quite good in my opinion.

We ordered a Fried Rice with Soup promotion set, Roasted Duck with Braised Peanuts and Xiao Long Bao. The Fried Rice and soup was quite horrendous. I told myself never ever buy something on promotion again. The fried rice was extremely tasteless and the soup was even worse. I was really shocked and felt like returning the dishes but my girlfriend just ate it anyway, with the help of abit of soy sauce. The duck was excellent! Really cooked to perfection. Good tender meat and slightly crispy skin. We enjoyed the duck totally. The Xiao Long Bao was really awesome as well. The whole dumpling on its own was really delicious. One of the best I have had. I think it actually beat my previous favourites. We also ordered a milk tea to share and it was nice and creamy as well. No regrets.

Overall, a pleasant experience. Staff were nice and friendly, except one or two, who were actually bickering in the restaurant itself. Quite a turn off for patrons, in my opinion.



SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment