Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Food Review: Mei Yuen Duck Noodles @ Katong

I'm so sorry but I forgot the name of this shop. I will find it out as soon as I can. My friend works at Katong on weekends and he always talks about this duck noodles store. He spoke about this so much that I really had to try it because finding good quality roasted duck is just so hard nowadays.

So on a Sunday morning, I washed up and met him at Katong just to have this for lunch. The place was super nostalgic. The furniture, the people, the walls, the ceiling, the floor, everything was old but still in good shape. We ordered a plate of duck noodles each and just chilled before he needed to go for work again.

The noodle itself was cooked very well. It was al dante, not too soft and not too hard, just perfect. The sauce was excellent. And the duck itself was one of the better ones I have tried. It still had that distinct smell which I do not like but it really was not very obvious. Definitely better than most other places.

Overall, it was a good and simple lunch which makes you think back at the old times when you were younger. Very nice.




SimpleMakan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's Mei Yuen. Its been around for more than 25 yrs in Katong.

SimpleMakan said...

Thank you so much! :)

Post a Comment