Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Food Review: Hong Ji Herbs Bak Kut Teh @ Marsiling

Alright, I love Bak Kut Teh also! When I was younger I loved pig trotters but now, I'm more weight conscious. Reason why I'm saying this is because my mum used to buy bak kut teh and pig trotters but I did not really like bak kut teh. Now, I found this bak kut teh and it is just super awesome.


The soup is not super "herby" and not bland. It is just nice. The meat is tender, slightly chewy but not to a point where your mouth hurts. I tried another famous stall at Balestier before, and the meat was so tough; I'll post a review on that shop next time.


They serve quite alot of dishes as well. They have Bak Kut Teh with just the ribs, Bak Kut Teh with internal organs, pig trotters, braised peanuts, salted vegetables, You Tiao, meatball soup and braised belly pork. I might have missed out some but it is fine, better for you to head down and try! :)


Price wise, it is $5 for one claypot, which is more than sufficient for one person.


Address is 19 Marsiling Lane, Teo Chap Bee Eating House.


Here are some pictures. Extremely sorry for the horrible pictures. Was kind of crowded.








SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment