Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Food Review: Song Kee Fishball Noodles @ Upper Serangoon Road

My friends tried this and told me it was awesome. So I met them and tried the Mee Kia as well. The place is big and airy and simple. I ordered the Mee Kia dry and a coffee. There were quite a lot of people so it took about 5 minutes to come. That is fine. I'm totally fine with waiting, as long as the food is not disappointing.

So once it came, I paid the waitress and tried it. First mouth, I tasted the full flavor of all the sauces the cook put into the noodles. Somehow, at this place, the mixture of sauces did not just seep down to the bottle of the bowl. The sauce was actually thoroughly coated around the noodle. There were many different sauces in the mixture but the most distinct was the vinegar. It was really good. If you are a person who does not like vinegar, this is not for you because it was really strong and I loved it. The noodles was cooked perfectly as well, al dente. The star of this dish was the fishballs. It was really one of the biggest, bounciest and awesomest fishballs I have tried before. It was really good.

Totally no regrets trying this out even though I already had a full meal at home less than an hour before this. So go ahead, try this place. They only open in the evenings and be prepared to queue up and wait for quite some time if there are many people. It is really alright to wait for good food. :)



SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment